Friday, February 19, 2010

The Thrill of the Hunt

I have been on the search for the perfect foundation for a long time. I had pretty much given up, and was settling for good enough because I thought that was the best I could do. Well, this past month I decided that I wasn't going to settle anymore, so I went on the prowl for my perfect shade. First, I tried Aromaleigh's mineral foundation line, which was a no go. Then I went to MAC. I had been using their studio fix pressed powder in NC15 for a little while, and it was really cakey so I decided to give the liquid foundation a try.

I am very fair, and even their lightest shade was at least one, maybe two shades too dark on me. And it was YELLOW. Really yellow. So I took advantage of MAC's great return policy and hiked over to Sephora to give their products a try. And after trying about five different foundations....I found it!
I am now the deliriously happy owner of NARS' Sheer Glow Foundation in "Siberia". It blends like a dream! I have a weird combination of peach and yellowish tones to my skin, and this shade is perfect. The foundation comes in a matte formula too if you need a little more coverage, but if you have super pale skin like I do, I would definitely recommend giving the NARS shades a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment